Peer Reviewed Publications:
Hill, J. C., Hains, B. J. & Ricketts, K. G. (2017). Drumming: An Innovative Alternative for Drug Addicted Individuals. Journal of Drug and Alcohol Education, (August, 2017).
- Hains, B. J., Hansen, G. & Hustedde, R. (2017). Agricultural & science education: A socio-analysis of their intersection and positions within the educational field. Cultural Studies of Science Education – Special Issue. doi: 10.1007/s11422-016-9753-5 -- SJR-SCImago Journal & Country Rank 0.515 (Ranked 20 out of 417 in Cultural Studies)
- Avery, L. & Hains, B. J. (2017). Oral traditions: A contextual framework for complex science concepts. Cultural Studies of Science Education – Special Issue. doi:10.1007/s11422-016-9761--- SJR-SCImago Journal & Country Rank 0.515 (Ranked 20 out of 417 in Cultural Studies)
- Balschweid, M. A, Knobloch, N. A. & Hains, B. J. (2014). Teaching introductory life science courses in colleges of agriculture: Faculty experiences. Journal of Agricultural Education, 55(4), 162-175. doi 10.5032/jae.2014.04162
- Hains, B. J., Hustedde, R. & Ricketts, K. G. (2013). 21st century crofting: Strengths and opportunities for community development. Journal of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Community Development, 3(3), 47-60. doi. 10.5304/jafscd.2013.033.002
Kahl, D., Hains, K. G. & Hains, B. J. (2017 - 2018) Innovative Community Engagement & Development. Community Development Society Institutional Enhancement Grant. $12,000.
- Hains, B. J. [PI], Ricketts, K. G., Hustedde, R. & Rios, M., Stanard, V., Gruidl, J. (2017 – 2020) Building Capacity and Diffusing Innovation in Community Development Education. United States Department of Agriculture Higher Education Challenge Grant. Nationally competitive grant. $731,692.
- Brown, R., Ricketts, K., Beard, T., Gantz, X. & Hains, B. J. (2015). Building an Inclusive Community by Empowering Youth Through Sustainability Education. University of Kentucky Sustainable Challenge Grant. $27,455.
- Young, R. (2015). Northside Common Market. Knight Cities Challenge Grant. Knight Foundation cities competitive grant $550,000. Hains, B. J., Ricketts, K. G, & Hustedde, R. J. sub-contracted for $20,000 for community research.
Affiliate and Collaborating Organizations:
- Art of The Rural
- Believing in Forever
- Community & Leadership Development, University of Kentucky
- Community Development Society
- dLab @ The University of Kentucky
- Horizons Community Development Associates
- International Association for Community Development
- Kentucky Rural-Urban Exchange
- Plantory - an innovative and energizing coworking hub that fosters collaboration and nurtures growth for positive, passionate, and community-minded businesses and nonprofit organizations.
- U.C. Davis Center for Regional Change